In case you might have acknowledged me or my weblog for a really very long time, then you definitely undoubtedly more than likely moreover know that I want to work with pure provides corresponding to wood. This time I’ve embellished a spherical wall mirror, which I’ve had for a few years, with picket sticks. A mirror upcycling, so to speak. The mirror was moreover good sooner than, no question nonetheless after the make-over it acquired a WOW impression.
Make DIY wall mirror your self
What you need:
- a spherical mirror
- Picket sticks or driftwood
- scorching glue
- a bit of cardboard (elective)
That’s the method it really works:
- Sadly, the once more of my mirror was not even, so I first wanted to reduce a bit of cardboard that was as massive as a result of the once more of the mirror. Then I glued the cardboard to the once more of the mirror, so I acquired a (significantly) clear ground. A good ground is crucial so that the picket sticks stick.
- In case you might have a clear once more, you’ll be able to start gluing instantly. I might recommend you to position the picket sticks in place. This makes it easier to take care of an overview and you may too see whether or not or not the amount of picket sticks will possible be enough. If it appears tight, you can barely improve the hole between the picket sticks.
- When you’ve got glued the entire picket sticks, it’s best to attend a few minutes until the brand new glue has cooled totally sooner than you grasp it on the wall mirror. In another case the picket sticks would possibly slip.
Wouldn’t it look good?
One different tip for you: in case you like it a bit further extravagant, merely spray the picket sticks with a golden coloration. In gold, the mirror positively looks as if a shining photo voltaic. Maybe that will probably be one factor for you.
This DIY problem utterly surprised me. As with nearly all DIYs that I’ve in no way made sooner than, this time I was undecided whether or not or not it should look truly good. Correctly, what can I say? I like this embellished mirror so much that I want to grasp it in every room!
There’s one different good and straightforward craft idea with picket sticks proper right here . I hope you favored my idea for DIY wall mirrors your self as so much as I did. Maybe you’ll tinker with it…? In any case, that can make me very joyful.
To you in a short time,