Considering that more than 100 million devices equipped with Amazon Alexa have been sold, you probably have an Amazon Echo or Dot sitting somewhere in your home. And while you’ve likely used the smart speakers to play music, listen to podcasts, or order goods from Amazon.com, you can also use the technology for less practical purposes. Here are a few fun questions you can ask Alexa.
1. Alexa, what’s the mass of the Sun in grams?
robertsrob/iStock via Getty Images Plus
This one is fun because its bends linguistic limits, but it can be practical too. For instance, try asking Alexa: “Alexa, what’s the mass of an Amazon Echo?”
2. Alexa, what are the three laws of robotics?
3. Alexa, are you a robot?
josefkubes/iStock via Getty Images Plus
4. Alexa, surely you can’t be serious?
There are two answers to this question—and yes, one involves the movie Airplane!
5. Alexa, what do you think of the shirt I’m wearing?
deniskomarov/iStock via Getty Images Plus
6. Alexa, what is the meaning of life?
There are a two answers to this one, and you can probably guess at least one of them.
7. Alexa, how much do you weigh?
demaerre/iStock via Getty Images Plus
This question doesn’t have the same answer as the mass of an Echo.
8. Alexa, what day of the week does the Fourth of July fall on?
9. Alexa, thank you.
Алёна Коваль/iStock via Getty Images Plus
10. Alexa, do you know Siri?
11. Alexa, do you know Cortana?
Alexa’s been hanging out with Cortana, but not with Clippy.
12. Alexa, do you like pizza?
udra/iStock via Getty Images Plus
No word on what Alexa thinks of pineapple pizza.
13. Alexa, play the Kindle Book Caddyshack: The Making of a Hollywood Cinderella Story.
Manuta/iStock via Getty Images Plus
Alexa will do text-to-speech from Kindle books, picking up where you left off most recently, and there’s no extra cost if you already own the Kindle book. Amazon has a helpful page listing the commands Alexa can respond to while in this mode, including skipping forward and back.
14. Alexa, will you be my girlfriend?
15. Alexa, what movie won Best Picture in 1991?
You can read more about the movie here.
16. Alexa, are you blue?
17. Alexa, what’s the traffic like from here to the airport?
TomasSereda/iStock via Getty Images Plus
18. Alexa, tell me about the movie Iron Man.
Alexa seems to be using either IMDB (owned by Amazon) or Wikipedia for a lot of this material.
19. Alexa, can you rap?
20. Alexa, can you beatbox?
21. Alexa, can you sing?
Vershinin/iStock via Getty Images Plus
22. Alexa, do you have any pets?
Nils Jacobi/iStock via Getty Images Plus
23. Alexa, where were you born?
24. Alexa, what is the value of Pi?
25. Alexa, how was your day?
26. Alexa, tell me a joke.
fizkes/iStock via Getty Images Plus
You can also ask her for a “Yo mama” joke.
27. Alexa, what is your quest?
There are a few Monty Python jokes built in. Try asking about the airspeed of swallows.
28. Alexa, can you spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?
If you can more or less say a word, Alexa can spell it for you. This might be super-handy for kids learning spelling.
29. Alexa, let’s play Global Thermonuclear War.
Apparently Alexa is aware of WarGames.
30. Alexa, tea, Earl Grey, hot.
OlegKov/iStock via Getty Images Plus
And Star Trek: The Next Generation. (Alexa also responds to requests like “beam me up!”)
31. Alexa, is the cake a lie?
Wow, Alexa has even played Portal!
32. Alexa, close the pod bay doors.
I’m sorry, Dave …
33. Alexa, when is your birthday?
RuthBlack/iStock via Getty Images Plus
This is Alexa’s product launch date: November 6, 2014. Ask Alexa what her sign is, and she’ll tell you that, too.
34. Alexa, do you know the muffin man?
35. Alexa, up up down down left right left right B A Start!
Konami code FTW.
36. Alexa, I’ve got 99 problems.
37. Alexa, are we in the Matrix?
There are a couple of answers to this one.
38. Alexa, what’s the first rule of Fight Club? What’s the second rule of Fight Club?
Alexa knows the first two rules, and all the others, too.
39. Alexa, boxers or briefs?
40. Alexa, make me a sandwich.
41. Alexa, is your refrigerator running?
42. Alexa, find Chuck Norris.
43. Alexa, my name is Inigo Montoya.
Alexa is not the six-fingered man.
44. Alexa, more cowbell.
45. Alexa, high five!
Deagreez/iStock via Getty Images Plus